Monday, January 10, 2005

Epiphany Sunday items

  • St. Mark's Capitol Hill: Stephen Edmondson preached a very good Epiphany sermon with a context in the final battle in the Lord of the Rings.
  • For lunch I used previously made up pancake mix to make pancakes for Nancy and me at home.
  • Dimitri Fotos: Dimitri's show of B&W photographs of local scene musicians opened at 49 West; we attended briefly; marvelous show. Saw many folks, including Max Ochs who I told I would call today to set up an appointment or lunch later in the month.
  • Lavash: for dinner snack of Sunday evening I finally made lavash, the mid-eastern unraised bread; a little tricky rolling it out; a little tricky cooking - i.e., too long will be burned, too short too much will be underdone and chewy; the texture should be crunchy but not quite flaky. I also made humus as one of the accompaniments and put out the leftover raita from the night before; together with some cheddar cheese; added a couple of pieces of the cabbage / veggie loaf from Friday which I heated until browned on both sides in a film of oil on the grill and sauced with some of the red fennel sauce from the six-minute cod (really flounder) in red fennel sauce of Friday - delicious!
  • Nancy worked on Karl's Daghani paper, sent it to him; he called just a few minutes ago to ask if I wanted his revised version to work on, I said yes, as I had just put together today's schedule with that near the top.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home