Saturday, May 14, 2005

Thai Smoked Fish Soup & Seussical

Went to St. Mark's last night to see the Player's production of the musical Seussical. Was less than overwhelmed because of inability to hear a lot of the dialog.

For dinner, light, I made a simple soup using both cured smoked salmon from earlier as well as the very salty smoked bluefish. Turned out excellent. Starteed my mods by adding two crushed lemongrass stems to the fish broth. Recipe from Fish & Shellfish Grilled and Smoked. Instead of the specified juice of one lemon and one lime, I used 3-4 tbs. of tamarind pulp. The can of Light Coconut Milk from Trader Joe's had a very off taste after I added it - buy no more! - and I was afraid I had ruined the soup. But the addition of 1 - 1/2 tb of palm sugar helped and when I added not only cilantro but Thai basil, the latter especially, completely brought it together and the final soup was excellent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home